Well it has been a decent year and after writing the REVIEW (available on the Breaking Point blog), I have decided to bullet the TOP 5 moments for the show in 2013! So here they are:
5. The Q interviews JENSEN KARP. Jensen is the host of "Get up on this this" a podcast on the Smodcast network with Kevin Smith. Each week he and his co-host (Matt Robinson) bring you cool new things you need to know about. A great interview and one of the best moments in show history.
4. Interview with DC Chymes. Dc Chymes is one half of the most respected and well known morning show radio teams in the history of Midwest radio broadcasting. For almost 20 years him and his partner Steve Shannon ran their morning show from St. Louis, MO with 65 market impact on syndication. The history of the show had its ups and downs and DC didn't hold back discussing his past beefs with JC Corcoran and many other stories from their history.
3. Episode 150! Its been awhile since the show started in 2010. There has been a re-election and the world has changed for the better and worse since its inception. Pro Wrestlers BOLT BRADY and JORDYNNE GRACE joined the broadcast to talk wrestling and politics while celebrating the 150th milestone.
2. Mark and Bobby go to Duquoin to win the PATRIOT CUP skate race against 1420 WINI radio station GENERAL MANAGER Mike Barsel. After a valiant effort, Mark walked away with the victory and then had the Patriot Cup kept from him cause of his moderate/liberal attitude and beliefs. That's how they do it in the middle of nowhere I guess! (watch the video on the Breaking Point section of the site)
1. Travis Cook flips out in the infamous Bailey/Cook debates and says that the president needs to be hung from the "highest tree that can be found" for treason. By far the most outlandish and memorable moment of 2013.
We want to thank every single guest from this past year and look forward to another amazing year entertaining all of you! Happy New Year and god Bless you.
On this OVERTIME, Mark continues to finish his "Get up on" and "Get up Off" from the main show. Helping people better themselves one new idea at a time.
Then Mark, Justin and Bobby finish off discussing some other letters from the listeners about advice and some questions from the listeners including: What is the worst idea ever put into use? (or something like that). Enjoy the OVERTIME
(Right click and "Save as" to Download)
On this OVERTIME 134, its TRIVIA TIME. Mark takes Tony, Justin and Big Bobby and puts them in a battle of the wits, to see which one cuts the mustard. Including one EPIC flub by one of the contestants.
Also they continue the talk from the main show discussing more about Batman and comic books, trying to figure out which director not currently attached to a project would be the most interesting to see what they would do directing the Batman franchise. Interesting answers come out flying on that.
(Right Click and Save As to DL)
Matt takes off but that doesn't stop Mark and Justin from doing some great debating and discussing about the rights of business owner to fire people for whatever reason they see fit.
Also the two gents answer the rest of the weekly listener email questions that are posted to them. A very ample and emphatic Overtime Time to keep your mind wet with amazement.
(Right click and "save as" to D/L)
Its Overtime again and this time around Justin and Mark bring back on Bill Delaney to discuss more Hollywood Remakes. Both good and bad ones, it really doesnt matter cause when the three start discussing, the conversation literally can be endless.
Plus the guys decide to answer some listener emails and that age old question: What are some crappy songs from the past that you hold near and dear to your heart? Enjoy!
(right click and "save as" to D/L)
We are going into OVERTIME and Mark, Justin and Jeremy finish off some the questions that were in the email...including What kind of Soda's do they fancy (canned vs. fountain) and what are the movies from the 1980's and 1990's they would recommend for people to watch to get a solid feel for a specific Decade. Did your favorite movie make the list. Listen and find out!
(Right Click and "save as" to DL)
OVERTIME 117: On this overtime, due to Mark's tornado dealings in St. Louis during the week, the show has no theme music to work with. But withholding that, Justin and Mark break down what it means to be truly vegan and Mark asks the important questions regarding the lifestyle. Also the two break down the Wrestlemania predictions from last show a bit and figure out the WWE's next move. Sit back and enjoy a little extra mustard on that hot dog.
(Right Click and "Save AS" to download)
Well its Overtime and Mark and Justin continue on the talk with Jeremy and Chris regarding a question from a listener that turns into a music discussion of EPIC proportions. But all that comes second to the Finale of the IO9 March TV Madness tournament that the guys have been doing over the past few OVERTIME shows. It's recommended to go back and listen to the last few Overtimes to figure out how we got to where we ended on this show.
Definitely a OVERTIME that needs to be heard, especially if you like music and discussing its finer points.
(right click and "save as" to download
So Io9.com decided to hold a March Madness style tournament of 64 Sci-Fi TV shows going up against each other to see who the KING SCi-Fi Show really is. Well me, Justin and a automated coin flipping machine decided to so the first round of the contest, and it was very interesting. See where your favorite shows stacked up and if they made it through on our end. So much fun....especially once the two men start discussing people and their real "drag" on society.
(right click and "save as" for download