Well it has been a decent year and after writing the REVIEW (available on the Breaking Point blog), I have decided to bullet the TOP 5 moments for the show in 2013! So here they are:
5. The Q interviews JENSEN KARP. Jensen is the host of "Get up on this this" a podcast on the Smodcast network with Kevin Smith. Each week he and his co-host (Matt Robinson) bring you cool new things you need to know about. A great interview and one of the best moments in show history.
4. Interview with DC Chymes. Dc Chymes is one half of the most respected and well known morning show radio teams in the history of Midwest radio broadcasting. For almost 20 years him and his partner Steve Shannon ran their morning show from St. Louis, MO with 65 market impact on syndication. The history of the show had its ups and downs and DC didn't hold back discussing his past beefs with JC Corcoran and many other stories from their history.
3. Episode 150! Its been awhile since the show started in 2010. There has been a re-election and the world has changed for the better and worse since its inception. Pro Wrestlers BOLT BRADY and JORDYNNE GRACE joined the broadcast to talk wrestling and politics while celebrating the 150th milestone.
2. Mark and Bobby go to Duquoin to win the PATRIOT CUP skate race against 1420 WINI radio station GENERAL MANAGER Mike Barsel. After a valiant effort, Mark walked away with the victory and then had the Patriot Cup kept from him cause of his moderate/liberal attitude and beliefs. That's how they do it in the middle of nowhere I guess! (watch the video on the Breaking Point section of the site)
1. Travis Cook flips out in the infamous Bailey/Cook debates and says that the president needs to be hung from the "highest tree that can be found" for treason. By far the most outlandish and memorable moment of 2013.
We want to thank every single guest from this past year and look forward to another amazing year entertaining all of you! Happy New Year and god Bless you.
Its OVERTIME and Travis Cook, Mark and Jeremy Bailey stick around to discuss some other questions from the listeners...BUT...not before Mark takes control and firmly finds a way to establish the sexiness that is Travis Cook for a lucky Lady out there. Mark and Jeremy breakdown what kind of girl Travis wants, as well as gets the goods on the kind of guy Travis is so they can sell him effectively!
By far one of the more entertaining Overtimes the show has seen. Sit back and enjoy the discussion!
Click Here to DOWNLOAD/LISTEN:
(Right Click and "save as" for D/L)
On this Overtime, Mark and Jeremy decide to continue answering some valuable listener questions when they are hit with this one:
"If Movies were not fiction and in fact all REAL, which movie have you seen that would be the most disturbing to you?"
This leads to a indefinite plethora options of famous movies and how we would percieve them from this uniqu point of view. Plus the guys take on a listener email that leads to a heavy discussion of how the military in the USA is viewed from many different eyes. See Mark and Jeremy don't always agree on everything!
(Right Click and "save as" to D/L)
Jeremy and Greg continue to sit in and discuss a sordid story from their rough past. This has all the elements of danger, street gangs (sort of) and criminal charges that keep you on the edge of your seat for hours in a movie theater. Let us take you on a trip into the past of North St. Louis County and the early 1990's!
(Right Click and SAVE AS)
Mark and Jeremy play a quick game of would you rather....cause the main show was definitely all the good stuff.
(Right click and "save as" to DL)
We are going into OVERTIME and Mark, Justin and Jeremy finish off some the questions that were in the email...including What kind of Soda's do they fancy (canned vs. fountain) and what are the movies from the 1980's and 1990's they would recommend for people to watch to get a solid feel for a specific Decade. Did your favorite movie make the list. Listen and find out!
(Right Click and "save as" to DL)
On this OverTime Mark, Jeremy and Travis Cook continue their discussion from the Debate. Worth every second of your time to listen! Trust us!
(Right Click and SAVE AS)
Here is the video of TRAVIS COOK's acceptance of Jeremy Bailey's challenge to discuss current event topics. This is very entertaining.
Well its Overtime and Mark and Justin continue on the talk with Jeremy and Chris regarding a question from a listener that turns into a music discussion of EPIC proportions. But all that comes second to the Finale of the IO9 March TV Madness tournament that the guys have been doing over the past few OVERTIME shows. It's recommended to go back and listen to the last few Overtimes to figure out how we got to where we ended on this show.
Definitely a OVERTIME that needs to be heard, especially if you like music and discussing its finer points.
(right click and "save as" to download
Jeremy Bailey and Tony Kozina are still sitting around so we decided to do an Overtime for Episode 115...and it was worth it. Jeremy seems to have some beef with one of our favorite guests and REGRESSIVES, Travis Cook. So Jeremy pulls off and throws down the proverbial gauntlet challenging Travis to discuss politics and policy on the Q! Oh...how exciting this has the chance of being.
Then the gang answers some other questions they couldn't get to on the show, all before moving your favorite SCI-FI shows on from the Sweet 16 of IO9's March TV Madness. Who made the Quaterfinals and who didn't...listen and find out...but we can say...there is an upset.
(right click and "save as")